I have performed in a variety of settings, for a variety of events and purposes, at a variety of prices (sometimes volunteer, sometimes paid) for many years. I love helping to make events and programs more meaningful by incorporating beautiful music. Please contact me if you are interested in recruiting a pianist or accompanist for an upcoming event.
I am available as an accompanist. I have been recruited to accompany school choirs, vocal groups, individual vocalists, and instrumentalists. More details available upon request.
Weddings and other events
I have played piano at several weddings -- sometimes in the wedding event and sometimes as reception music. I have a wide repertoire of romantic, classical, new age, and other arrangements appropriate for these types of events, and I'm also open to learning new pieces requested in advance.
A few times I have recorded piano performance as albums to sell for fundraising. Most notable was a project in 2016 titled "12 Days of Piano Christmas." This project started as a fundraiser for Allie Hansen, a sweet girl facing the fight against cancer, and her family. The album consists of my cover performances of 12 piano solo Christmas pieces (arranged by DeFord, Brickman, Roed, and others). I recorded one piece per day over the 12 days leading up to Christmas 2016, leading to the title of the album. I re-recorded the album of covers in 2017 as a general charity fundraiser. Please contact me to receive the recordings from this album.
Classical Music Performances
One of my favorite parts about being a pianist is playing and performing classical music. I had many opportunities as a young student to perform, but have also had some more recent experiences as an amateur, and am always looking for more opportunities as they become available. For example, Amateur Pianists is an organization in Southern California where amateur piano performers get together to perform classical music. I had the opportunity to publicly perform with the group in early 2017. My performances of two of Rachmaninoff's preludes are recorded and posted on my YouTube channel.
I have performed in church services on a regular basis for the past 20 years. Performances have included piano solo hymn arrangements, piano duets, and accompaniment of instrumental solos, vocal solos, small groups, and choirs.
- December 2018: Accompanied choir on "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" and "I Wonder as I Wander"
- December 2018: Performed original piano solo arrangement of "Away in a Manger"
- December 2018: Accompanied vocal solo on Piano Guys arrangement of "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
- November 2018: Accompanied choir on Rutter's "For the Beauty of the Earth"
- October 2018: Performed original piano solo arrangement of "Jesus the Very Thought of Thee"
- September 2018: Accompanied choir on "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus"
- Accompaniment on arrangements of "The Miracle", "O Holy Night", "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", "Breath of Heaven", "Come Ye Children of the Lord", "A Window to His Love", "My God is Love", "Where Can I Turn For Peace", "More Holiness Give Me", "O Divine Redeemer" and many others. (Notable arrangers/composers of arrangements I've performed: Rutter, Wilburg, Perry, Bradford, etc.)
- Piano Duet - "I Am a Child of God"
- Piano solo arrangements of "Silent Night", "Jesus Once of Humble Birth", "Joy to the World", "Still, still, still", "All Creatures of Our God and King", "A Poor Wayfaring Man", and many others. (Notable arrangers/composers of arrangements I've performed: Schmidt, Goldstein, Joseph, etc.)
- Original piano solo arrangements -- "Baptism Medley", "Missionary Medley"